Thursday, June 27, 2013

What a Mess...

I stopped by school yesterday to drop off my Dollar Tree finds and my newly dyed pocket charts. I was once again reminded of the huge mess I left it in when I left for summer break. Ugh!!





I moved rooms at school because we are adding a new special ed pre-k/kdg class in our hall. This is my 4th room at this school in 6 years. My wonderful husband came and helped me move everything over to my new room, but we just stacked EVERYTHING like 12 years of everything (well the stuff that's at school and not in my teacher's hoarding buried alive office at my house) on the tables and shelves and put it in the middle of my new room. Nothing was packed, sorted, or cleaned. Just piled and left for a later date. 



My new room might get painted too this summer which was reason #2 why my stuff still is in a huge mess in the middle of the room. Hopefully, I will find out soon if that will happen, but if not that's fine. I just feel the need to get started.

I can't wait to get in there and start making it my school home. I only live four blocks from school and drive by it usually when I leave my neighborhood. Around every July I can't seem to stay away. 

I have this strange need to get things ready early so I will be good to go on the day we first report back. With all meetings and back-to-school functions, time to work in my room after I report back just doesn't seem to exist. 

When do you start working in your room?

1 comment: