Friday, June 28, 2013

Oh My Parker!!!

This is not school related, but it's my crazy life! This morning I was up at 4:45 getting ready for the gym. I checked on the kids before I went in the bathroom to get ready to go. The boys were asleep so I shut their bedroom door. Lauren's door was still shut so no worries of waking her up. Everything seemed "normal."

I was finished getting ready and I was waiting on my workout buddy to text me that she was still in for the gym. I sat down at the computer to do a little "work" before I left.

 A few minutes later, I started hearing weird sounds coming from downstairs. I stopped what I was doing to make sure I was really hearing things...I WAS!!! I went back to the hall...hmmm all the kids doors were still shut. I stood in the hall and listened more. I kept hearing someone getting into what seemed like all the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen. The lights downstairs were off from what I could see from the top of the stairs. HOLY COW!! I was FrEAkiNG out!!

 I went and woke my husband up. I said, "Get up!!! There are REAL noises coming from downstairs. I think someone is in our house." He jumps up grabs a flashlight and baseball bat THANK GOODNESS not his gun and heads downstairs. I stood at the top of the stairs ready to dial 911 if needed. 

 I heard him fussing at someone. I FREAKED out more, but thankfully didn't hit send on my phone yet when I hear him say Parker! Parker?!?! 

 Parker is our middle child. Our 5'1" 9 year old! Our let's get into everything child. My son who earlier this week tried to burn down our house by "cooking" muffins in the microwave and started a fire son. Now, don't misunderstand. He is a very sweet and super smart boy, but oh my he is a mess!! 

 Anyways, back to today's early morning drama... J (my husband) came upstairs with Parker in tow. He explained that when he went down to the family room Parker hid behind the couch. Was he trying to die?!? It was a good thing J recognized him before he beat the living pulp out of him! 

Oh my! I never made it to the gym surprise surprise! How many calories can you burn from freaking out?! 

 J later discovered this...
He was setting the table?!?!  He used to sleep walk. Maybe that's what happened?? I don't know, but I really hope he wasn't planning to cook us breakfast after his little failed muffin experiment that occurred earlier this week. 

My life is never boring! 

1 comment:

  1. What a way to start my morning!!!! Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete