Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Letter Exchange


             

Several years ago my class participated in a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Letter exchange. I would LOVE to do it again because my kids LOVED doing it and my kids LOVE looking at the book still!!

Here is how it will work:
•We will need a total of 26 people from different states if possible. 
•Each class will get one letter that they will decorate 26 copies of ex: C with candy corn stickers or W like a watermelon. 
•Each letter will either be copied on or glued to a standard 8.5 x 11" sheet of card stock or colored paper so they will fit in plastic sleeves. 
•You do not have to send plastic sleeves. 
•Write a little letter telling where your school is and a little information about your class. 
•Mail

After we get all of the 26 letters assigned I will email all the participating classes a list of people to mail the other 25. You will keep 1 letter for your book. 

This is the letter I sent with my letter. 
I had each student make a letter and one make 2 so we would have 26. It didn't take a lot of time and the kids really loved it. 

How do you sign up:

Send me your name, school name, address and what letter you would like. Email me at okieteacher77@gmail.com. I will try my best to honor your letter request. If you don't mind what letter you get, please let me know. Hopefully, we can get people from all over the United States. 

I would like to have enough people in a week and then we can set a date for everyone to mail their letters out to the other classes. 

I hope you will join the fun!! Your kids will love it. 

2 comments: