Monday, August 26, 2013

Sails and Doorbells...

My school has a school wide theme every year. This year the theme is a sailing theme and our slogan is Set your Sail for Success. 

I normally only decorate the outside of my class with the school theme. It just gets too expensive for me to totally redo everything every year inside my room. Instead, inside my room I just add to my black and white collection like this year I added the red and lime green accents. 

This the outside of my door. 

I'm not really in love with how my net is hanging, but it will do. 

Above the tack strip...

I'm still working on adding my kiddos pictures. I'm taking their pictures with them holding a boat steering wheel...is that what it's called?!?! And wearing a white captain's hat. After I get all of their pictures taken and printed, I will put each student in one of the scrapbook paper rectangles that are on the wall. 

 
I redid my doorbell sign to match this year's theme too. I like the way it turned out. I am in L-O-V-E with chevron!!

A side note about the doorbell...

I've had one (the same one) for years. I got it at Walmart for $13ish dollars. I attach it to the wall with Velcro which makes it nice if it ever needs to be removed. The doorbell came with two battery operated remotes. I have the one by the door and the other remote is set to a different chime that I keep with me or near my teacher table. I use it for a cleanup and/or  switch center signal. 

The kiddos do really well with it. There have been just a few "fireflies" that abuse it, but with proper training they all seem to get the hang of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment